| This template employs intricate features of template syntax.
You are encouraged to familiarise yourself with its setup and parser functions before editing the template. If your edit causes unexpected problems, please undo it quickly, as this template may appear on a large number of pages.
Remember that you can conduct experiments, and should test all improvements, in either the or your user space before changing anything here.
Ntss stands for Number Table Sorting Scaled and display numbers with short or long scales in a sortable table and have them numerically sorted in alphabetic sort mode. It is applied to all numbers of a column, in cases where numeric sort mode does not work or is not desired.
- value - the significant value that will be displayed in front of the scale (required).
- scale - scale used with value, see below.
- long - if included, will use long scales, otherwise uses short scales; see below.
- prefix - String to display before the number.
Using long and short scales:
- thousand, million, billion, trillion, quadrillion, quintillion, sextillion, septillion, octillion
The "long" (old British) scales differ from "billion" (1012) onwards. When using long scales, this template also accepts the following -iard scales:
- milliard, billiard, trilliard, quadrilliard
Bit and byte scales
Using standard SI prefixes:
- bit, kbit, Mbit, Gbit, Tbit, Pbit, Ebit, Zbit, Ybit
- byte or "B", kB, MB, GB, TB, PB, EB, ZB, YB
Using binary prefixes:
- kibit, Mibit, Gibit, Tibit, Pibit, Eibit, Zibit, Yibit
- kiB, MiB, GiB, TiB, PiB, EiB, ZiB, YiB
| The above documentation is transcluded from Sjabloon:Ntss/doc. (edit | history)
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (create) and testcases (create) pages.
Please add categories and interwikis to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.